Saturday, January 24, 2015

Informational Writing

This week my students have shifted their writing from narrative to informational/Explanatory writing. They have been LOVING this change. We have been learning about polar bears and they were so excited to show off their knowledge in their writing. To get them started I made an informative writing anchor chart and used the image of a hand to help them with the structure of an informational writing piece. We hold up our hands and review the structure during our writers workshop time before we begin writing.

After my students understood the informational structure, we used our knowledge gained from our polar bear unit to create a Have, Can, Are anchor chart. This chart assisted the class in creating their polar bear informational writing piece. 

After the students finished their writing pieces, we shared them in partnerships and gave compliments and suggestions. Right now we are working on giving helpful feedback and avoiding the "I like your writing" comments. Some students grasped this idea very well and gave wonderful suggestions to others about word choice, punctuation, and addition of sentences.  After editing, we will publish the writing and present it on our bulletin board accompanied by our polar bear art! Here is the art project we are working on right now.
We have really enjoyed our polar bear unit and our informational writing has started out very well! More to come! If you are interested in the polar bear unit, check it out here. The art project is a part of the unit, but if you are interested in just the art project, you can get it separately here.

Happy teaching!

5 comments:

  1. Super cute! I love your anchor charts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the informational writing anchor chart! My students need this right now. Thanks for sharing the great post.

      Delete
  3. HERBAL CURE FOR SHINGLES,WARTS AND HERPES,Hv/Aids 5 years ago I had warts, I was treated with some liquid applied to the warts they continued to grow and spread... The next 2 doctors did laser surgery to remove them. 1 year after the surgery, they grew back close to where the 1st ones were' so I was finally told it was SHINGLES. I have had it for a very long time, I contracted it from my cheated boyfriend and I found out he was also infected and I ended the relationship between us. The warts were so embarrassed because it started spreading all over. I have been dealing with these things for a very long time. The last treatment I took was About 2 years ago I applied for natural treatment from Dr. JAMES herbal cure, a week after applying the treatment all the warts were gone. It's now 2 years and some months I don't have a single wart or any symptoms of SHINGLES. wow"" it's great, Dr. JAMES has finally cured me. Anyone living with SHINGLES contact Dr. JAMES for natural treatments.his herbal medicine is easy to drink with no side effects. Dr.James has cure for diseases like Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis,Lupus,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer, HIV/AIDS, Herpes Virus,Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid. Contact Dr Jmaes who cured me on his Email  [drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com].  .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life-Changing Experience with Dr. Marcus Schmitz, Neurosurgeon Extraordinaire

    Dear All,

    I am writing to share my profound appreciation for Dr. Marcus Schmitz, a distinguished neurosurgeon who has been instrumental in curing my daughter's epileptic disease. For 13 long years, we battled this condition, but it was Dr. Schmitz's unique approach using natural remedies and treatments that finally brought us relief. 🙏

    His expertise extends beyond epilepsy, encompassing other neurological diseases like Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, and stroke. I am confident that his innovative methods can bring hope and healing to others facing similar challenges. 🧠

    I urge anyone dealing with these conditions to reach out to Dr. Schmitz directly. He can be contacted via email at dr.marcusschmitz@gmail.com or through WhatsApp at ‪+1 (973) 506‑8186‬. Time is of the essence in these matters, so please, do not hesitate. 🕰️

    In Dr. Schmitz, you will find not just a doctor, but a dedicated ally in your fight against neurological diseases. Let's spread the word about this remarkable professional and help others find the relief they so desperately seek. 🌐

    With utmost sincerity,

    [scott Budde]

    ReplyDelete